Wednesday 30 May 2012

Family get together......

 I had been away to meet my folks....you would have known by now :)
It is always interesting to meet up with the extended family ..... aunts, uncles, cousins, their family .....

The kids always seem to have grown taller .... some have added mass to their existing form .... someone has a new hairstyle .... it is fun catching up!

Celebrations and get togethers always center around lots of good food.
My aunt had an impressive table laid out for us....
The table layout



THE MENU
Dry Channa /Chickpea curry, Potoler/Pointed gourd dolma, Malai kofta, Dhokar dalna (look up my recipe), Prawn curry, Chicken nargisi, Vegetable cutlets, Fish fry, Salad, Rice, Kulcha. There was green mango chutney too.

SWEET THINGS
Bengali Sweets - Sandesh and Kheer kadam along with Mississippi mud pie.

The food was ordered from a renowned caterer. It was a grand Bengali feast all right!


A closer look....
I plan to share a few of these recipes with you sometime.
But before that my kitchen needs to be stocked up .....

© Rinki’s Kitchen 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment