Thursday 6 December 2018

Chocolate Cake (batter in a mixie)


You don’t need fancy equipments to make a cake batter...I say this from experience.
This chocolate cake batter can very well be made in a mixer grinder.

Since the batter is being made in the mixie, I am careful to run it only very briefly. I would not want to work the flour for a long time. That is the only important point I remember.

The recipe is a simple one and has been with me since my high school days! It is from my good friend Kamlakshi. I used to make it quite often then. As, life moved on, this recipe was misplaced and forgotten. When I remembered about it, I reached out to my friend.  She gladly sent it to me from a far away continent. So, it had to go on my blog.



For more such recipes, subscribe & check out my channel:  https://goo.gl/XBwLLc

Chocolate Cake (batter in a mixer grinder)       Serves 8 to 10
Ingredients:
The Dry Ingredients
 All purpose flour – 1 ¾ cup
Cocoa powder – 4 tblsp
Baking soda – 1 ½ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Castor sugar – 1 ½ cups

The Wet Ingredients
Vegetable oil – ½ cup
Yogurt – 1 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 ½ tsp
Eggs – 2 large

Method:
1.    Take the flour in a large bowl. Sift in the cocoa powder and baking soda. Add the salt and whisk to combine everything for a minute.
2.    Prepare an 8 “ round baking tin by brushing it with oil and lining the base with butter paper. Dust it with flour and keep aside.
3.    Take a mixer jar, add in the sugar, eggs and oil. Run it till you get a smooth batter. Add in the vanilla essence and mix it in.
4.    Add 1/3 of the dry mix and ½ of the yogurt. Whiz briefly. Use a spatula to scrape the sides and the lid of the jar. Fold in any dry flour you see.
5.    Add the second part of the flour and the rest of the yogurt. Mix briefly.
6.    Add in the last part of the flour and mix it. Combine any dry flour left in the jar by folding with the spatula.
7.    Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 7 mins then, lower the temperature to 160 °C and bake till done.
8.    Cool completely. Run a knife to loosen the edges. Demould and remove the butter paper before serving.
© Rinki’s Kitchen 

No comments:

Post a Comment